Steamed ingredients for cooking meatballs with vegetables
- Veal (chilled tenderloin) 500 grams.
- Long grain rice 1.5 cups.
- Medium-sized carrots 2 pieces.
- White cabbage 100 grams.
- Chicken egg 1 piece.
- White bread 100 grams.
- Milk (any fat content) 1 cup.
- Onion 1 piece.
- Hard cheese 100 grams.
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon.
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon.
- Chives 100 grams.
- Dill 100 grams.
- Sour cream (not too fat) 200 grams.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Garlic 2 cloves.
- Main Ingredients Veal, Carrot
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board, Sharp knife, Bowl, Meat grinder, Culinary brush, Plate, Paper towels, Grater, Fork / spoon, Small saucepan, Steamer, Serving dish
Cooking meatballs with vegetables, steamed:
Step 1: prepare the minced meat.We take low-fat veal, washing under running water, dried with paper towels and a regimen for small arbitrary pieces. Now we take a meat grinder with a fine mesh and grind pieces of meat. Pour milk into a separate bowl and soak white bread. The soaking process will take 2-3 minutes. While the bread absorbs milk, we take onions, peel it and finely chop on the board. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater and add it to the bowl with minced meat. We add chopped onions there. Three carrots on a fine grater, or we pass along with cabbage through a meat grinder with a fine mesh. After that, add everything to our minced meat. We take out the bread from the bowl and squeeze it slightly. Add bread in a bowl with minced meat, salt, pepper a little, add one chicken egg and mix everything thoroughly. You can mix with a fork, spoon, or hand.
Step 2: prepare the rice.
Step 3: make meatballs.After all the ingredients are mixed, we should get a rather thick and dense mincemeat, from which we begin to form meatballs. We pluck small pieces from the minced meat and roll up with both hands a small ball in size not exceeding an ordinary egg. We do this until the stuffing is over. Then we take a double boiler, pour a little water into it, grease all its lattices with vegetable oil with a culinary brush and carefully lay our meatballs on them. Do not lay meatballs close to each other, try to leave a small distance between them so that they do not stick together during cooking. Then set the timer in a double boiler on 30-40 minutes and cook meatballs at medium power.
Step 4: prepare the sauce.While our meatballs "soar" - we will prepare a sauce for them. On a cutting board, finely chop green onions, dill and garlic. Pour everything into a saucepan. Now add sour cream to it (preferably lean), pour a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper a little. You may not pepper the sauce, it all depends on your taste. Then mix everything thoroughly. Everything, the sauce is ready.
Step 5: serve steamed meatballs with vegetables.Put the finished meatballs on a serving dish and serve. You can serve them both hot and chilled. The sauce is served separately. As a side dish, mashed potatoes or any pasta are perfect for them. Enjoy your meal!
- - in order to get more tender meatballs, we recommend mincing meat through a meat grinder 2-3 times.
- - Instead of veal, you can take chicken or turkey meat.
- - if you do not have a double boiler, then you can use the most ordinary pan with a metal sieve for this. Put the pot on a fire with water and place a suitable size sieve on board the pot. The main thing is that the sieve does not fall into the water in the pan. When the water boils on top of a sieve, you can spread the meatballs, and then cover the pan with a lid. Cooking meatballs will also be 30-35 minutes, as in an ordinary double boiler.