We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Making Watermelon Peel Jam
- Watermelon peels 1 kilogram
- Sugar 1 kilogram 500 grams
- Pure water 1 liter 500 milliliters
- Concentrated lemon juice 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Watermelon, Sugar
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisineArab cuisine
Kitchen scale, Measuring cup for water, Knife corrugated (for french fries), Kitchen knife, Cutting board - 1 - 2 pieces, Deep bowl, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Colander, Deep pan with a lid (4 liter capacity), Stove, Kitchen towel - 2 pieces, Wooden kitchen spoon, Ladle, Skimmer, Tongs for preservation, Half-liter glass jar - 4 pieces, Metal screw cap - 4 pieces, Wool blanket, Cremeca
Making jam from watermelon peels:
Step 1: prepare the watermelon peels.
Weigh 1 kilogram of pure watermelon peels on a kitchen scale. After we take a knife for slicing fruits and cut a thin layer of green peel from each peel.
Alternately, put them on a cutting board and, using a relief knife, cut the crust into cubes or slices thick from 1.5 to 2 centimeters. Then we take a deep bowl, pour 1 liter of pure water into it and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda there.
Mix with a tablespoon until smooth, put slices of watermelon peels in soda water and keep them in it 2 hours. This process is needed so that the slices retain their shape during the cooking of the jam. After the required time, we throw off the crusts into a colander and carefully rinse them under a stream of cold running water from the remains of soda. After we leave them in a colander on 10 - 15 minutesGet rid of excess fluid.
Step 2: boil the syrup.
While the watermelon peels are drying, we boil the sugar syrup, pour 500 milliliters of pure water into a deep 4 liter pan and pour 1 kilogram of 500 grams of granulated sugar into it. We put it on the stove, which is included in the middle level. After boiling, the sugar will completely dissolve, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the pan and boil the syrup 5 - 8 minutes. Then, using a kitchen towel, remove the pan from the stove, carefully place slices of watermelon peel in it, mix it with a wooden kitchen spoon, cover the container with the peels with a lid and put it in a cool place on 12 hours it’s better to do it from evening to night.
Step 3: Cook the jam from the peel of the watermelon.
The next morning, turn on the stove to the middle level, put a saucepan with syrup and watermelon peels on it. We bring the aromatic mass to a boil, continuously stirring it with a wooden kitchen spatula. After boiling, boil the jam 5 to 8 minutes while removing foam from its surface using a slotted spoon. Again, remove the pan from the stove and forget about the jam until the evening. After 12 hours repeat the boiling procedure and leave the jam to infuse yet 12 hours or all night.
On the third day, turn the stove on to the middle level, put a pan of jam on it and cook it, stirring occasionally until the watermelon peels are transparent for 20 - 25 minutes. About 10 minutes until ready, put in a pan 1 stick of cinnamon, if desired, you can not add it if you do not tolerate the aroma of this spice.
Step 4: preserve the watermelon peel jam.
In 20 - 25 minutes, helping ourselves with a ladle, we spread hot jam on sterilized liter jars, cover containers hot screw caps and close them tightly with a kitchen towel. After we turn the cans upside down, check each one for air, if any, seal containers more tightly and place the lids down on the floor. Wrap jam jars with a wool blanket, so that there are no cracks, and cool them without sudden changes in temperature for 12 days. After we send them to a more comfortable, cool, well-ventilated place, for example, to the pantry or cellar.
Step 5: serve the jam from the peel of the watermelon.
The watermelon peel jam is served at room temperature or chilled. It is served in bowls or special dessert vases. Along with this yummy, you can serve crackers, fresh muffins or cookies. Also, this blank can be used to decorate desserts, layers of cakes, rolls and cakes. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of concentrated lemon juice, you can use fresh squeezed juice of this citrus. Also, if you do not want to add sourness to the jam, but you enjoy the aroma of lemon, you can use only its zest instead of juice.
- Do not forget that all equipment with which preservation will be prepared must be thoroughly washed with the addition of detergents or baking soda. After small containers and kitchen utensils should be rinsed with boiling water, and the lids and banks in which the workpiece will be stored must be sterilized in any way convenient for you, for example, in a microwave or oven.
- If desired, watermelon peels can not be soaked in soda water, but simply boiled in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, after this process they also hold their shape well, but this will not affect the taste or color of the prepared jam.
- If desired, during the cooking of jam, you can add vanilla pod or vanillin to the tip of the knife.